Squared Circle Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thanksgiving Countdown
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 77 on Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 pm
Statistics
We have 44 registered users
The newest registered user is Khor

Our users have posted a total of 319 messages in 115 subjects

RPers vs Non-RPers

3 posters

Go down

RPers vs Non-RPers Empty RPers vs Non-RPers

Post  Enigmatic Abyss Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm

I think that matches where a roleplayer competes against a non-roleplayer should be edited. For example I roleplay every week and yet I still lose my second straight match on Wreckage and I lost both of those matches against guys who haven't even submitted their RPs once. I think it's unfair, because those guys do ABSOLUTELY nothing and they still win matches and look way more stronger and better then a champion who roleplays and contributes to the show...Does anyone agree with me? Neutral
Enigmatic Abyss
Enigmatic Abyss
Jobber
Jobber

SCW Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

RPers vs Non-RPers Empty Re: RPers vs Non-RPers

Post  Laguna Maruko Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Ahh... this tired old discussion... XD

I am actually torn between this, honestly. But to let you know, EA, it kind of becomes unfair in matches to continuously see a rper win, and a non-rp lose. Granted, you roleplay. We see this. And, this is why, you are champion. Wins and losses actually shouldn't matter; that actually helps roleplayers, especially with the fact that "Oh, a champion loses. A champion lost twice in a row." This builds an opportunity for someone else to "point it out", and make a mention of it. It also makes you look vulnerable, to other roleplayers and when and if you are put in a contending match, you WILL retain (depending on how we see fit).

Take for instance, the previous champion was a fine roleplayer; one of our best. But all of a sudden, over the break, he disappeared. Don't know what happened, so, I made the match between you and Derek for the belt. The show must go on.

Furthermore, this is where you come in. As I have said numerous times before, you are in COMPLETE creative control. More often than not, if you don't have a flashed out fight with someone else who roleplays, chances are, you will be put in a match with a non roleplayer to fill spots, or to hold off until you DO have that fateful match. And if that is the case (or you can just ask), you can always include some sort of discussion with the creative team or the management. And if the demand is reasonable, and would make a good storyline, than so be it. We will use it.

This is a little off topic, but we have Skye Ignati, one of our managers, IRL, gone temporarily. Amongst us management, we have discussed taking Skye out of the picture until he gets back. And as you have seen with me and him go back and forth over the past couple shows, a rise to the top with me taking over as manager. And it will accumulate at Last Stand. And mind you, Skye has not been around to roleplay for a couple of months. And between us management, we allow other management to take creative control because it makes for a good show.

And that is another topic I am going to discuss pretty soon: a creative clause for wrestlers who aren't inactive that we roleplay for them to have storylines work and that good stuff.

So, EA, if you, or ANY one else, are still concerned about this, please feel free to talk to me, or any of the other management. I am free to discuss any creative issues you may have, and resolve them to make everyone happy.
Laguna Maruko
Laguna Maruko
Thursday Night Wreckage Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigmatic Abyss Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Wow, you really elaborated on that one. Thanks for a quick answer, everything makes sense now Wink
Enigmatic Abyss
Enigmatic Abyss
Jobber
Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post  Laguna Maruko Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:13 pm

No problem. Glad I could help.
Laguna Maruko
Laguna Maruko

Back to top Go down

RPers vs Non-RPers Empty Reply

Post  JohnnyInsano Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Laguna, I like your idea of god-moding the non-rpers. Because: There is only so many feuds roleplayers can have before they get stale and similar, and trust me, I don't want to be in the next online WWE. So, this way, we could mix up storylines, but give complete control to the rpers who know how to make a good rp. And also, my cousin would like to let you guys know he hasn't been able to get on to apply for the fed with an RP because he has a 65 page research paper he is currently in the process of revising and finishing. It is due next week and he is almost done. I'm happy for him. He worked hard on that.
JohnnyInsano
JohnnyInsano
SCW Editor
SCW Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum